InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which touchscreen should I buy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kozmosis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Which touchscreen should I buy? Reply with quote

Have you had any experience with touchscreens? If so, are there any Linux drivers that will work with touchscreens?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have drivers for Xenarc and Lilliput working. But I believe most USB TS will work just fine.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: LCD Touch Screens Reply with quote

Hello, I have been a big car pc fan for quite some time. I have worked for months with a car touch screen brand called AutoPC and loved it so much that I opened up my own online store and started selling it. They carry a 7" motorized in dash screen as well as an 8" VGA/XGA touch screen which can be mounted or stand alone.

I hope it is not wrong to advertise here, as these prices simply are the best in the business.

http://www.greatestsale.com
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great monitors you have out there ! Congrats.
Still my opinion is that all TS monitors are lacking anti glare coating and not very bright or just need to be mounted properly. I wouldn't put TS myself in a car right now, just too early.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: truth! Reply with quote

It's true, glare is a problem even on the most expensive monitors out there as far as I've seen. I only use mine when the sun is not hitting it or at night, and make certain not to have it exposed to the sun because that is damaging for the screen. Anybody know ay solutions to the glare issue? Question Question
Mancer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I'm interested in a computer-based solution for my car, and am trying to get a feel for what kind of components I would want to put in. I definately want a motorized in-dash touchscreen LCD, but it sounds like there are issues with the brightness on touch screen LCDs.

I've never had a factory navigation system. Does the brightness issue affect those as well? In other words, are the aftermarket in-dash touch screens at least on par with factory nav units?

This might be a dumb question, but what if all of the windows were tinted (except for the windshield, of course). I have an SUV with privacy tint on all of the windows except the front driver and passenger doors. I have been thinking about getting those done, though.

--John
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OEM systems are very bright. They mounted properly, coated with anti glare and many more.
Existing VGA screens cannot compete directly. There are many things can be done to match it as close as possible. It will be pretty expensive though...
vids1386

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never prefer touchscreen.As it's not durable.
Lucile34

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically, the lack of friendly interfaces has been an obstacle to making Linux a commercially viable product for end users, but with available GUIs, that's yesterday's news. What's the next step in creating an easy-to-use Linux-based product for consumers? Imagine adding a user-oriented LCD touchscreen. A touchscreen facade can make back-end Linux applications very usable in such devices as custom digital media centers (either in the home or in automobiles), DVRs and PVRs, and even control interfaces for household robots. The potential uses are limited only by the imagination. In this article, get an overview for installing an LCD taken from a Sony PSOne, creating a modeline, and installing a touchscreen -- all for Linux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Display All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: